Finance One HOME > Personal Loan > Apply Now > Personal Information Collection Statement
In compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”), Finance One Limited (“Finance One”) would like to inform you of the following:
- From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply Finance One with data in connection with the opening or continuation of loan accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision of other financial services.
- Failure to supply such data may result in Finance One being unable to open or continue loan accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or provide other financial services.
- It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of business relationship, for example, when customers generally communicate verbally or in writing with Finance One, by means of documentation or telephone recording system as the case may be.
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
- the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks at the time of application for credit and at the time of regular or special reviews which normally will take place one or more times each year;
- creating and maintaining Finance One’s credit scoring models;
- assisting other money lenders and/or financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services or related products for customers’ use;
- marketing services or products of Finance One and/or selected companies;
- determining amounts owed to or by customers;
- collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers’ obligations;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Finance One and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Finance One is expected to comply;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of Finance One, or participant or sub-participant of Finance One’s rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub- participation;
- purposes relating thereto.
- Finance One would like to use personal information of customers for direct marketing purposes. Finance One would not use customer's personal information for the following purposes unless obtaining his or her consent (which can include an indication of no objection). In this connection, please note that:
- the name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data of a customer held by Finance One from time to time may be used by Finance One in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
i) credit facilities and related financial services and products promotion;
ii) service survey, loyalty or reward programmes and related services and products;
iii) services and products offered by the Company's third party (the names of such co-branding partners can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant services and products, as the case may be); and
iv) donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- the above services, products and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by the other parties (refers to Paragraph 6 and 7)
- in addition to marketing the above services, products and subjects itself, Finance One also intends to provide the data described in Paragraph 5a) above to all or any of the persons described in Paragraph 5c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and the customers' consent are required (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose;
- Finance One may receive money or other non-monetary property return for providing the data to the other persons in Paragraph 5d) above and, when requesting the customers' consent or no objection as described, Finance One will inform customer if it will receive any money or other property in return for providing data to the other persons.
If a customer does not wish Finance One to use or provide to other persons his/her data for use in direct marketing as described above, the customer may exercise his/her opt-out right by notifying us. Customer can contact Finance One by writing to Finance One at the address or fax number provided in Paragraph 9 below.
- Data held by Finance One relating to a customer will be kept confidential but Finance One may provide such information to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the purposes set out in Paragraph 4 and 5:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Finance One in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Finance One including a group company of Finance One which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any person with the express or implied consent of the customers;
- credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
- any person to whom Finance One is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Finance One under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Finance One is expected to comply;
- any actual or proposed assignee of Finance One or participant or sub-participant or transferee of Finance One’s rights in respect of the customer;
- selected companies for the purpose of informing customers of services which Finance One believes will be of interest to customers.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data issued under the Ordinance, every customer has the right:
- to check whether Finance One holds personal data about him and to have access to such personal data;
- to request Finance One to correct any personal data relating to him/her which are inaccurate;
- to ascertain Finance One's policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Finance One;
- to be informed on request which items of personal data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of a data access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency; and
- in relation to personal data which has been provided by Finance One to a credit reference agency, to instruct Finance One upon termination of an account by full payment to make a request to the credit reference agency to delete such personal data from its database, as long as the instruction is given within 5 years of termination and at no time did the account have a default of payment lasting in excess of 60 days within 5 years immediately before account termination. Such account repayment data include amount last due, amount of payment made during the last reporting period (being a period not exceeding 31 days immediately preceding the last contribution of account data by Finance One to a credit reference agency), remaining available credit or outstanding balance and default data (being amount past due and number of days past due, date of settlement of amount past due, and date of final settlement of amount in default lasting in excess of 60 days (if any)). If there is any default of payment relating to an account, (unless the amount in default is fully repaid or written off which other than bankruptcy) before the expiry of 60 days from the date such default occurred, repayment data may be retained by the credit reference agency until the expiry of five years from the date of final settlement of the amount in default.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Finance One has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing any personal data access request.
- The person to whom (i) requests for access to personal data or correction of personal data or for information regarding Finance One's Personal Information Collection Statement and kinds of data held and (ii) proclamations about the use of personal data for direct marketing are to be addressed is as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Finance One Limited
Room 2605, 26/F Hopewell Centre,
183 Queen's Road East,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Fax : 3798 8010
- Finance One may have obtained a credit report on the customer from a credit reference agency in considering any application for credit and/or reviews or renewals of existing credit facilities to customers. The matters Finance One will be considering if accessing these consumer credit data for the purpose of reviews will be an increase in the credit amount, cancellation of credit, a decrease in the credit amount or putting in place a scheme of arrangement with relevant customers. Finance One may also access such consumer credit data about customers for the purpose of reasonable monitoring of indebtedness whilst relevant customers are in default.
- Nothing in this Personal Information Collection Statement shall limit the rights of customers under the Ordinance.
- In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.